- WHAT PERSONAL INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
We may collect the following information about you:
- Contact details including title, name, postal and email addresses, postcode, contact telephone numbers;
- Business information, such as employer details and job title, particularly from our corporate customers;
- Transaction information, including payment and reservation and booking details;
- Purchase history, activities on site (e.g. food purchases, use of car park, telephone) and the date(s) of your stay;
- Registration information, including your room and other expressed preferences;
- Customer communication preferences;
- Customer feedback;
- Nationality (as recorded on your passport);
- Health and/or medical information (where this relates to your preferences, special requests or needs).
Where you book accommodation for other people, we may ask you to provide the above information about them (e.g. we will usually ask for the title, first name and surname, e-mail address and nationality of a person for each room that you book for identification purposes). You should only provide us with information about other people if you have their permission to do so.
- HOW DO WE COLLECT INFORMATION?
We collect your data and personal information in the following ways:
- Reservation request: when you book a room, a table in the restaurant or a function (either directly, over the telephone, by email, by facsimile or via our online forms) we will collect all necessary information to process your booking and accommodate your request.
- Registration: when checking into the hotel, we will ask you to fill out the registration card, check the details and sign it
- Online Guest Reviews and other Feedback: You may provide us with personal information when giving feedback regarding your stay at, or experiences of, our services and products either online on sites such as Tripadvisor, Google, Booking.com, Laterooms, using the online ‘Contact us’ form on Café Jazz website or by filling out a feedback form in your room or in the restaurant.
- Mailing list: You may choose to subscribe to our mailing by using the online form on Café Jazz website and provide us with your name and email address
- Social media: You may interact with us via Facebook or Twitter
- Careers: We may collect personal information in order to consider and process any enquiries or applications regarding job vacancies in the Hotel or Café Jazz.
- CCTV cameras: We also use closed circuit television cameras in the public areas of the hotel and Café Jazz, which may capture images of you.
- HOW WILL WE USE YOUR INFORMATION?
We may use your information for the following purposes:
- To continually improve your customer experience.
- To process bookings and payments, communicate with you about bookings, products, services and promotional offers, update our records, and recommend products and services that might be of interest to you.
- To provide you with requested information or correspondence, such as a response from us to an enquiry made by you.
- To send you details of your new, amended or cancelled booking usually via email
- With your permission, your contact details may be used to supply information to you by telephone, email or post, about our company and to send you occasional promotional material, such as information about special offers which we think you might find valuable. If you do not agree to receive this information, you may opt out from receiving future information at any time; see the opt out section of this policy.
- THIRD PARTIES
A cookie is a small piece of data sent from a website and stored on the user's computer by the user's web browser while the user is browsing. Most web browsers allow some control of most cookies through the browser settings. To find out more about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set and how to manage and delete them, visit www.allaboutcookies.org. Cookies are available in two different formats:
- First-party cookies - First-party cookies are those set by a platform that is being visited by the user. We do not use first-party cookies
- Third party cookies - These are cookies set by another website in order for tools provided by them to function. At times our website will contain snippets of content from external sources such as Facebook, Twitter, Tripadvisor or Google Maps. You can disable these cookies (see below), but it may cause the tools to stop working properly.
- SECURITY OF YOUR INFORMATION
We follow strict security procedures to ensure that all Personal Information is secured and protected from misuse, interference, loss and unauthorised access, modification and disclosure. Such procedures include:
- PCI compliance
- Physical security over paper-based and electronic data storage and premises
- Computer and network security measures, including use of firewalls and password access.
- Restricting access to your personal information to designated employees who are authorised and on a ‘need to know’ basis;
- Retaining your personal information for no longer than it is reasonably required, unless we are required by law to retain it for longer
- Confidential documents like credit card slips and booking information are shredded and placed in opaque bags, so as to not draw attention to what’s inside.
- YOUR CONSENT
- UPDATING, MAINTENANCE and ACCURACY OF YOUR INFORMATION
We do our best to ensure that all information held relating to you is kept up-to-date, accurate and complete. In this regard, we also rely on you to notify us if your information requires updating or deleting. We will respond to requests from you to so update or delete your information in an efficient and timely manner.
- OPT OUT/DATA QUALITY/ACCESS
We will always ask your permission before sending you electronic marketing information. This ensures you only receive information you have given us permission to send and are willing to receive. It is possible, if you have given us your permission to receive a type of electronic marketing communication, to alter your preferences at any time. Promotional e-mails provide a link at the end of the e-mail to unsubscribe from that service. Please note that it is not possible to ‘opt-out’ of receiving communication from us which relates to your bookings. This ensures we can always contact you in the event of a circumstance which affects your stay with us.
For the purposes of the Data Protection Act (1998), the controller of all information collected on this website is:
21 St Mary Street
Cardiff CF10 1PL
If you wish to view, delete or amend any of the information we hold on you, this can be done by contacting us in writing at the address provided above. We will not charge for amending or deleting personal information, but may charge for viewing information held on you as specified in the Data Protection Act (1998)
- LEGAL ISSUES
This is a United Kingdom website and is subject to the laws of England and Wales and any disputes will be decided only by the courts of England and Wales. Duttlan Hotels will disclose personally identifiable information without your permission when required by law or, in good faith belief, that such action is necessary to investigate or protect against suspected criminal activities to Duttlan Hotels guests, visitors or property (including this site) or to others.
Registered Name: Duttlan Hotels limited
Registered address: 21 St Mary Street - Cardiff CF10 1PL - Wales
Registered Company number: 2517093
Place of registration: England and Wales
VAT registration number: 535 3542 52
Trading as: Sandringham Hotel / Café Jazz
Address: 21 St Mary Street - Cardiff CF10 1PL - Wales
Telephone numbers: 029 2023 2161(Hotel Reception) 029 20387026 (Café Jazz)
Fax number: 029 2038 7026
- CONTACT US